Destination guides to all countries,world capitals,tranquil beaches,spectacular events,and jaw dropping natural wonders.
Global-Travel-Guide will hopefully help you get a better idea of the world we live in and to inspire you to take a trip to travel destinations you would normally bypass.
There is an African proverb that says,"Travel and see"
It simply means,when you think you know it all,take a trip into a completely new environment,and you will realise how little you know.
It is an eye opener,and it helps us to understand our brothers and sisters,whose cultures are ever so different from ours.
Global-Travel-Guide understands,it is never easy when it comes to choosing the best places to visit.We do not believe anybody should be asked to pick their favourite destination.It is just not fair.
Global-Travel-Guide knows it is an impossible task for anyone to pick their all time favorite travel destination.
Whether it is sausalito, the beautiful waterfront community just outside san Francisco's golden Gate bridge,or taking a leisurely walk on Alcudia beach in beautiful Mallorca, or cruising on
sunset boulevard heading west to the pacific coast, or walking on Bahnhoffstrasse in Zurich,lined with the most exquisite shops on the planet, and at the end of that beautiful walk, you are greeted by lake zurich. Simply breathtaking.
Global-Travel-Guide can go on and on and on but chooses not to.Global-Travel-Guide hopes that, by browsing this portal, and visiting some of the incredible travel destinations that we will introduce you to,you will have more than one, all time favorite travel destination.
1) When taking taxis from an airport to your hotel, take the taxis from the designated taxi ranks.
If in doubt,ask at the information desk in the terminal.
Be wary of taxi drivers who come into the airport terminal building to ask you if you are looking for a cab.
Never take a taxi waiting outside the airport grounds.It is better to be safe than sorry.
2)When traveling from your hotel to the airport, go with a taxi recommended by the hotel.
3) If you can help it, try not to arrive in a new city or town late at night.
Things can go wrong in a variety of ways and it would be
much safer in daylight.
4) Travel in a group if possible.If you are travelling alone,try to pack as light as possible.
5) Learn the basics in the local language before you arrive. Don't expect that people will speak English.
Despite the fact English is widely spoken aroun the world,it would not hurt making a little
effort with the lingo.these days, but you want to be sure.
6) Keep your valuables hidden.A money belt is great option. There are many different styles of money belt.
One of the most popular is an “over the shoulder” style wallet on a strap that you were underneath your top.
This makes it very difficult for a thief to make off with your valuables.
7) Avoid going on your own to remote areas or typical tourist
destinations such as ruins where it would be predictable for tourist to
Seek local advice or take a guide.
8) Read the guide books and talk with other tourists to find out which areas are best avoided.
9) When leaving night clubs late at night, take a taxi if you are not absolutely sure of the neighborhood.
10) When arriving in a new town, keep to your original plan and stay in the hostel that you have decided on.
Don't let the taxi driver persuade you that your hostel is fully booked and that he knows a cheaper and better one.
He'll be working on commission and the hostel probably won't be in a safe part of town.
11) Even better, when arriving late in a new city, try to reserve your hotel in advance, preferably with a hotel that has an airport shuttle service.
12) Don't wear expensive looking jewelry.
13) On public transport have your day pack close to you at all times, preferably with the straps around your legs or padlocked to the luggage rack.
On buses your backpack will probably go outside, either on top of the roof or in the external luggage compartments.
On long distance buses ask for a receipt for your bags.
On short rides just keep a careful eye out each time the bus stops to off-load bags.
In the event of having your bags stolen, stay with the bus - you will probably require a declaration from the bus company accepting responsibility for the loss in order to claim any money from your insurance company.
14) Leave your valuables in your hotel safe when making day trips or longer tours.
Obtain a receipt not just for your money belt or wallet but for its contents, with each item listed.
15) If you have to leave your passport and credits cards together, place the credit card in a sealed envelope and sign your name across the flap.
This way when you return you will know that nothing has been tampered with.
16) If planning on going to market areas, crowded streets, fiestas etc. don't go with all your valuables.
Leave them in the hotel. If you’re planning on buying something expensive keep your money safely in a money belt.
Try to be discreet when opening it! To protect small change in your pockets you can stuff a handkerchief in after.
17) If the pavements or sidewalks are really crowded, especially in market areas, walk in the road.
18) If you suspect someone is following you, stop and stare them in the eye until they go.
If you really get a bad feeling about a place, go with your first instincts and leave.
Bag slashing is rare nowadays but for added safety you can wear your day pack on your chest.
19) If it's on your back try to walk without stopping.
If you need to stop, sway your pack gently from side to side so that you can feel if anyone is tampering with it.
20) When putting your bag down on the floor, to take a photo or just to sit in a café, remember to put your foot through the strap.
Not only will it be impossible to snatch, you also won't forget it!
This is the most common type of theft - tourists forgetting bags in cafes and on returning to ask if anyone has seen it, you've guessed it, it's gone.
Global-Travel-Guide believes that anybody who has just one
favorite destination in the world,definitely needs their horizon
broadening just a little bit more.
Global-Travel-Guide hopes you enjoy this portal,and if you do,bookmark us,and more importantly,share us anyway you can.
Charles Friedo Frize
Founder and CEO
The quality and romance of Nile cruisers surpasses other riverboats anywhere else in the world. Cruisers offer is a very pleasant and relaxing way to get close to the attractions of antiquity,most of which are not far off from the banks of the river
Have your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.