Sonoma county wine region is a part of the famous California vineyards, close to the San Francisco and Napa Valley.
Sonoma Valley offers authentic California wine tasting experience, great weather and friendly staff.
Sonoma county is a perfect place for wine lovers, people searching for soothing relaxation and romantic ambiance.
Its conveniently located 30 miles north of San Francisco and and now as airport located at Santa Rosa (Code: RSA).
Sonoma County has a span of 1575 square miles containing about 1,00,000 acres of lush wine growing land.
Having over 200 award winning wineries and about 60 miles of Pacific coastline, the Majestic Russian river, Golf courses, museums, shopping, botanical, gardens, galleries, camping locations, bike & hiking trails and diverse festivals all year around.
Sonoma county is the place you should definitely visit.
Sonoma has 5 distinct wine-growing districts: Los Carneros District, Sonoma Valley, Russian River Valley, Dry Creek Valley, and Alexander Valley, with small towns in each.
You will find the premium quality wines of both white and red wine, famous categories include Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pino, Syrah, Zinfandel, Shiraz and very often vineyards have their own special.
Winery hospitality staff are knowledgeable, friendly and eager to discuss the wines and how they were made.
Winery tours take visitors behind the scenes to barrel rooms, crush pads, bottling lines, cellars and caves.
You will find vineyards all around the county, just driving around the place is very pleasant and relaxing.
Latest Development: Horizon air now has daily flights from Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Seattle airports.
Santa Rosa Airport (RSA) in Sonoma County.
ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
* Wine county Ballooning: On US Hwy 101, Airport Blvd exit from Kal's Kaffe Mocha.
* Point Arena Lighthouse and Museum, 115 ft tall and Steel reinforced concrete lighthouse opened in 1908.
* Luther Burbank Home and Gardens: Life and work of the horticulturist who introduced 800 variety of flowers, fruits, nuts etc..
* Fort Ross State Historic Park: The site of trading post and fort established by Russians in 1812.
* Train Ride: On Santa Rosa 12, a 20 minute steam train ride through a forested railroad park past scaled down reproductions of buildings ad waterfalls.
* Being so close to San Francisco you may also consider visiting the GOLDEN GATE bridge, Pier 39,Alcatraz, China Town and the famous Crooked street of SF Downtown.
* Napa county which is again a very famous vineyard community is located just east of Sonoma county, activities there include wine tasting, Ballooning, visiting petrified forest and old faithful geyser.
You will also find great information about Napa valley here.
WEATHER: Sonoma Country has wet, mild winters and warm dry summers. Summer evenings are mostly cool.
The best time to visit is both decent weather and smaller crowds is November or February-March.
The wineries are most quite during December through March.
Sonoma County has its own Airport in Santa Rosa but most people prefer arriving at San Francisco airport and then drive north.
Oakland airport is also close. There are shuttle buses (Airporter Express) directly from airports to the county.
Newport Beach ca - Adventure At Sea - Newport Beach ,California Bus Travel In America California Wine Caves Palm Springs Boston Vacation Cheap Airline Deals Walt Disney World Parks Tulsa Tourism Pushkar Camel Festival,India Ohio Travel Las Vegas Travel Great City Of Atlanta Mediterranean Cruise Disneyland Vacations Europe Travel Guide Asia Travel Festivals And Feasts Africa Travel Enchanting Krakow Visit Florence, Italy Hawaii Vacation Packages Africa Safaris Budget Travel New York City Paris - City Of Love Switzerland Visit Venice, Italy Tuscany-The Window Of The World Mediterranean Cruise South Africa Vacations Global Travel Guide